For my final four classes in international communication law at Kennesaw State University, I’m assigning readings and videos for the students. If you’d like to follow along, here are the assignments:
- NY Times public editor
- Barrett Brown
- Does the US press side too much with the government? Defend your answer.
- Here are some questions on the readings.
- English legal system: “The World of English Freedoms”
- Amartya Sen: Press freedom and civil society
- NPR story on “Innocence of Muslims.”
- Video: Hamza Yusuf discussing free speech and the right to offend.
- How does Yusuf’s talk compare/contrast with the readings?
- Questions to answer before coming to class.