After I connected the transom to the keel, I realized that I should’ve already cut the hole out where the outboard motor will sit. So, I had to pull out some screws and take it off.

I’ve already bought the outboard motor for the boat. It’s a 30 HP Johnson which should power my boat to water-skiing speed (according to the instructions). Anyhoo, I measured it a couple of times since I was about to cut a big hole into my transom.

Here’s the finished product:

I made those curves by tracing the lid of my plastic resin glue. That stuff’s coming in handy. I used my cool jigsaw to make the cut.

The outboard motor should fit perfectly into this hole. If I measured correctly.